LeBron James: Dear New York
Source: From Nike Basketball
06 November 2009
Dear New York,
Thank you for welcoming me back to New York City, one of my favorite places to play in the world. The Big Apple has always been good to me so I wanted to do something special to show my appreciation.
With this in mind, on November 7, 2009, I’m going to open seven gyms around NYC to host free open runs for high-school aged players. I remember being in high school and just wanting to play ball as the seasons changed from fall to winter. The Ohio winter made it tough to play outside so I always saw the opportunity to play in a nice gym as a gift.
It is in giving that I’ve found the most strength, whether it’s on the court with my teammates or at home with my family. In giving this gift of the game to New York City, I want to share that strength with people who love the game as much as I do.
Open Gym locations:
- Long Island University Schwartz Center, 1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY (3:00 PM to 6:00 PM)
- John Jay College 899 10th Avenue, New York, NY, (4:00 PM to 6:00 PM)
- Lost Battalion Hall 9329 Queens Boulevard, Flushing, NY (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
- Boys & Girls Republic 888 East 6th Street, New York, NY (1:00 PM to 4:00 PM)
- Ebbets Field Middle School 352 46 McKeever Place, Brooklyn, NY (2:00 PM to 4:00 PM)
- Hunter College 695 Park Avenue, New York, NY (2:00 PM to 4:00 PM)
- Asphalt Green 555 East 90th Street, New York, NY (2:00 PM to 4:00 PM)