1. Wilson Chandler at the SF or SG position. I couldn’t believe my eyes on Tuesday when I saw a Knick backing down his undersized defender on his way to the hoop. Chandler can’t do that at the PF spot.
2. The Knicks Bench contirbuting serviceable minutes from the bench. The quality of play from Toney Douglass, Shawne Williams and Bill Walker against the San Antonio Spurs was the best argument for expanding the rotation. To be able to sustain and build leads with Raymond Felton and Amar’e Stoudemire on the bench could be a huge key as the Knicks look to make some noise in the playoffs.
3. Landry Fields being featured in the offense while Felton and STAT are on the bench. Many have wondered aloud if Fields was holding back, trying to ease his way into an offense where he is often the 4th scoring option. D’Antoni ran several plays to get the ball into Fields’ hands in a position to score when the only starters on the court were him and Wilson Chandler. The “Precosious Neophyte” didn’t disappoint.
4. Funny Tweets like this. KnicksTweets : Eddy Curry was a beast tonight – pregame McDonald’s; halftime BK; postgame either Wendy’s or Tacos Bell…
5. Timofey Mozgov, especially when the Knicks are facing teams with substantial Bigs roaming the paint.